What are the best player programs? In this article, we have reviewed players that you can use for both music and video. More importantly, it doesn’t really matter which one you choose. The important thing is to decide which media player you like to use and to start using it.
1 – VLC MEDIA PLAYER
VLC Media Player is a free and open source media player available on all popular platforms. The VLC Media Player, developed by the Video LAN project, supports numerous audio and video file formats.
Key features and benefits of VLC Player:
- It includes all the media codecs you may need.
- Supports files, disks, external drives and webcams.
- It supports most of the videos published over the Internet.
- Plays high-definition videos smoothly using the power of your computer’s graphics card.
- With VLC Skin Editor it is possible to edit the appearance of the application.
- Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS and Android versions are available.
- Open source.
2 – POTPLAYER
Competing with other video players like VLC Media Player, PotPlayer has recently achieved a good reputation. Coming with a wide range of customization options to suit your needs, this media player stands out as the most recommended program. PotPlayer can deliver maximum performance and experience with technologies such as CUDA, QuickSync and DXVA. So PotPlayer is the second best media player in the list.
Key features and benefits of PotPlayer:
- The detailed interface manages to show too many features without being too complicated.
- Supports many media codecs.
- Supports media playback from files, discs, and external disks.
- View many videos published over the Internet.
- It is better than VLC to play Blu-ray files and most recent codecs.
- There are only Windows versions.
- It is not open source.
3 – GOM PLAYER
GOM Player supports almost everything within the media formats, also supports 360-degree videos. In addition, many detailed video settings are still an important advantage.
4 – KM Player
KMPlayer is a free media player with the ability to play almost all video and audio files. With 3D, 4K, UHD support, users can enjoy high-definition video on their devices.
It supports and runs Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP platforms.
5 – KODI
Kodi is a free and open source media player. It is a customizable media player that you can use on your laptop or desktop to get a media center experience.